Personal Travel, Wiichihiituwin drivers and taxis
Travelling around the city for personal reasons is not paid for by Wiichihiituwin. Wiichihiituwin drivers are not available for personal use.
Visit the hotel reception for taxi phone numbers.
For security reasons, Wiichihiituwin and para-transport drivers drive you to and from the hospital and your lodging.
For medical appointments, Dispatch organizes local transportation or will authorize taking a taxi. Keep your taxi receipt to be reimbursed.
At Espresso, Wiichihiituwin drivers will meet you on the SS Level (basement, outside the Community Kitchen). Para-transport drivers will meet you at the hotel lobby.
ᐄᔨᔨᐤ ᐄᑣᔥᑎᒫᒑᐤ iiyiyiu iitwashtimaachaasiu Cree interpreter
Cree interpreters are available in Montreal, Val-d’Or, Chibougamau and Chisasibi
• Interpreter services are guaranteed if arranged in advance.
• Interpreters give preference to clients who are alone.
• If you have an escort, the interpreter will confirm if the escort is able to translate.
Before your trip, ask for a Cree interpreter
• Call the Liaison Officer at your local CMC to arrange interpreter services in Montreal and Val-d’Or. For Chibougamau/Chisasibi, ask at the Wiichihiituwin reception at the hospital.
• In Montreal: Interpreters will see as many clients as possible at the main hospitals.
• While you are at your appointment, ask your specialist when your next follow-up will be, and advise your Liaison Nurse.
• After your appointment, ask for a copy of your medical report from your doctor and bring it to the Wiichihiituwin office—your Liaison Nurse will send it to your CBHSSJB health professionals and/or relevant departments in the hospitals.
Please note that for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic the Cree Health Board has imposed new health and safety measures for medical travel. These measures are subject to change. Please visit our COVID-19 page for the latest updates.
Remember to bring your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.