The CBHSSJB is governed by a Board of Directors with an elected Chairperson. Advisory Committees and Councils, report directly to the Office of the Chair, as does the Commissioner of Complaints and Quality of Services and the Medical Examiner.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is composed of:
- Chair and Cree Regional Authority Representative, elected by the population of Eeyou Istchee
- The Executive Director of the CBHSSJB
- Nine community representatives elected by their respective Cree communities
- One representative elected from and by members of clinical staff
- One representative elected from and by members of the non-clinical staff
JBCCS and CBHSSJB presented via livestream and regional radio the CBHSSJB Chairperson’s Update on Wednesday, August 17. Listen to the audio or watch the recorded livestream.
Observer for Washaw-Sibi
Clinical Staff Representative
Dr. Robert Tremblay
Non-Clinical Staff Representative
Cree Nation Youth Grand Chief
Dr Elaine Innes
Council of Physicians, Pharmacists and Dentists (CPDP)
President: Dr. Darlene Kitty
As per CPDP by-laws, the CPDP advises the Board of Directors and General Management of the CBHSSJB on matters related to the provision of high quality medical, dental and pharmaceutical services.
Council of Nurses
President of the Executive Committee: Edith Bobbish
The Council of Nurses is made up of all the nurses who work for the CBHSSJB, including those who hold managerial positions related nursing services. The aims of the Council of Nurses are to promote understanding of the contribution of nurses in improving the health status of clients and the performance of the health system in general.