Job Posting Number: P-1920-0584
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who is responsible for one or more programs to provide professional assistance for
the development of services. She/he conducts the research activities needed to identify and
assess resources and needs. She/he designs and proposes development plans and
programs in order to ensure adequate service planning. She/he provides advice concerning
the implementation or improvement of programs and/or services. She/he may participate in
various teaching or training activities.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in occupational therapy, physiotherapy, psycho-education, speech therapy or another relevant discipline related to rehabilitation.
- Three (3) years of relevant planning or programming experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the MHSSQ network, regulations the Ministry network and programs, and current trends;
- Demonstrated experience in organizational strategic and tactical planning, program planning and evaluation;
- Extensive knowledge of planning and evaluation methods;
- Ability in planning related computer applications;
- Knowledge of First Nation health/social service models, trends and issues is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, language, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
- Strong record in a similar type of planning, programming and evaluation environment;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, planning and decision‑making skills;
- Ability to work in collaboration with all colleagues and decision making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in French and/or Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
1055 René-Levesque East, 7th floor
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA