Come for the adventure. Stay for the people
The CBHSSJB offers fantastic working conditions to midwives who are open to the challenges of the north. You must be dynamic, self-sufficient, team-spirited and open to the Cree culture and reality. Our ideal candidate will embrace the northern culture and natural environment, including our beautiful, snowy and cold winters!
Midwifery is an emerging service in our organization. Under the coordination of the Head of Midwifery Services, the midwife's responsibilities will include full maternity follow-ups and providing support to her teammate. She will also take part in all related activities, notably meetings and team support duties. She will work in close cooperation with the various partners working in the facility.
• Follows up on the pregnancies of midwives on leave as well as assistance with deliveries;
• Participates in activities related to midwifery practice (prenatal meetings, information sessions, team meetings, working committees and all other administrative and clinical tasks related to her function).
• Bachelor of Midwifery
• Member of the Ordre des sages-femmes du Québec;
• Certification from the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and in emergency obstetrical medicine
• Experience as a midwife a valuable asset;
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Good capacity for interprofessional partnering and collaboration;
• Experience working with Aboriginal clients an asset;
• Ability to fulfill the role of midwife while respecting traditional Cree culture and approaches;
• Ease of adaptation and clear capacity for working with a team;
• Strong sense of professional autonomy;
• Fluency in English
• Knowledge of French and/or Cree is an asset.
• Possession of a valid driver's license and a car.
• Remote Region and Isolation annual premium.
The working conditions are established in accordance with the Agreement between the MSSS and the Regroupement des sages-femmes du Québec.
Get notified by email when a new job corresponding to your expertise is added to our website.
Update your profile so we can inform you of openings suited to your current qualifications and expectations.