Job Posting Number: P-1819-1188A
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Person who does design, guidance, counseling, implementation, analysis and assessment work in one or more social programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work;
• Member in good standing of the Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec (OTSTCFQ).
• Two (2) years of relevant experience in social work.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Cree culture, social/health issues and Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
• Good understanding of psychosocial issues;
• Ability to identify and analyze clientele needs;
• Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
• Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision making skills;
• Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
• Open minded to other's language, culture, values and beliefs;
• Teamwork skills.
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
P.O. Box 250, Chisasibi, QC
Tel: 819-855-2744 Fax: 819-855-2680 Email: email@example.com
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA