Job Posting Number: M-1819-2004
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Director CMC, the incumbent contributes to the planning, organization, coordination and support for the delivery of Uschiniichisuu Miyupimaatisiiun Services, of the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Center (CMC). The incumbent collaborates with the CMC Director and coordinators to provide healthcare and social services to the population. The incumbent serves as a liaison, coordination and support point amongst all concerned managements for the CMC Services. These responsibilities are for the children (0-9 years old) and young adult (10 – 29 years old) their care giver preventive and curative health care, infectious diseases, mental health and social services.
- Ensures the responsibilities for programming of services delivered in the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Center according to the CBHSSJBs clientele approach and Cree culture. This includes: Vaccination and Immunization programs; Preventive health care; Nutrition and dietician; Mental health; Occupational health; Physiotherapy and rehabilitation; School health and social services; Mental health and addictions; Special needs.
- Contributes to the leadership, and the planning, organization, coordination and support for the development and programming of the Services programming, and the incorporation of such in policies, procedures, protocols and tools.
- Collaborates in the planning, organization, coordination, and support for the development and integration of the professional practice standards into the tactical level of services planning, and the incorporation of such in policies, procedures, protocols and tools.
- Ensures the supervision, quality assurance and on-going evaluation according to the policies in place.
- Ensures the circulation, application and compliance with the beneficiaries’ and their families’ individuality, privacy and rights; code of ethics and confidentiality. Ensures that the confidential data regarding the clients are respected.
- Participates in the implementation of the policies regarding access to client files. Contributes to the development of an effective system for the preparation of intervention plans, record keeping (client file) and the maintenance of various records.
- Ensures human, financial, material, and information resources management and the general administration of the Uschiniichisuu Unit.
- Carries out any other function at the request of the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing and member of the O.I.I.Q;
- Bachelor degree in social work and member of the OTSTCFQ.
- Five (5) years of experience in service/program planning, management or supervision in a current services multidisciplinary team setting. A specialization in a relevant area is an asset.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for senior management activities.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the MSSS network, regulations and programs;
- Good knowledge of pre-hospital services, childhood and youth related health care, and community health prevention and promotion approaches is an asset;
- Good knowledge of multidisciplinary team functioning and leadership;
- Ability to manage the planning and development of new services and programs;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context related to First Nation health and social services;
- Ability to apply Eenou/Eeyou culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language is an asset;
- Northern health care experience is an asset;
- Good interpersonal communication, clinical and community health leadership and respectful teamwork skills;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with line managers in a matrix organization;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Methodical, organized, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills as applied to planning;
- Good working ability with administrative computer applications, especially Office applications.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willing to travel occasionally;
- This position includes on-call periods;
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
1055 René-Levesque East, 7th floor
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495 Email: email@example.com
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA