Job Posting Number: S-ADD-1819-0064A
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Person who participate in the identification of the needs of the population participate in the community organization & development and execute different action programs by using appropriate techniques, may act as a resources person for the groups.
In accordance with the policy and procedures of the CBHSS and within the framework of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, Youth Protection Act, L.H.S.S.S. and CMC mandate the person will have to meet and intervene with people (individuals, families& community).
• Must have a CEGEP diploma with a core concentration in techniques of social work or a CEGEP certificate in social techniques or social counseling techniques.
Completed Charlie Training and PCFI Training (asset)
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Proper knowledge of Mistissini social environment;
• Knowledge of Cree culture and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
• Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
• Ability to communicate with people, to run interviews and to establish and maintain a "helping relationship with beneficiaries";
• Must show an interest and ability to write reports in English;
• Ready to learn about 2nd line services ("Youth Protection" and "Young Offender Procedures");
• Skills in counseling and Knowledge of the laws: Y.O.A, Y.P.A, L.H.S.S.S
• Ability to work in collaboration with CLSC Community worker, NNADAP worker and other medical social services staff and other organisms within and outside the community;
• Initiative, dynamism and sense of responsibility;
• Must be ready to work occasionally outside the regular working hours (availability);
• Must show initiative, be dynamic, exhibit responsibility and professionalism;
• Must be sensitive to issues within the family unit;
• Available to travel in the communities to assess situations;
• Fluent in Cree and English;
• Valid driver’s permit class 4B meeting the standards of the Société d'assurance automobile du Québec and the Ministère des Transports du Québec;
• Excellent driving record: Driving Record Request (SAAQ clic online Services – Citizens).