Start preparing to pack a few days before.
- Car seat and sling/carrier or collapsible stroller.
- The right clothing for baby (check forecast).
- Breastfeeding? Remember to bring all your supplies (breastfeeding pads, pump, etc).
- You need to have a car seat before you can leave the hospital with your newborn baby.
- Bottles and formula if you use them.
- Tip: To help clear baby's ears at take-off and landing, give the baby a bottle. Drinking will help clear ears and reduce pain.
- Prescriptions for specialized formula.
- Diapers, wipes, changing pad, plastic bags.
- Be prepared for leaky diapers or spit-up—have extra clothes for baby handy.
- Baby blankets (in case plane is cold/for burping). Pacifier, if your baby uses one. Washable bibs. Sippy cup, baby food for a day, if baby is older. Snacks for you.
Notify the CMC before you leave to ensure your baby is authorized to travel. Never leave your baby or child alone (during travel, in hotel, at boarding home).
Please note: Babysitters are not provided by Wiichihiituwin, even if your condition and/or appointment changes and you need one.