Updated May 27, 2021 - Youth aged 12-17 in Eeyou Istchee will be able to get the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine starting Wednesday, June 2, 2021.
Vaccination will be available three ways in Eeyou Istchee:
- At schools
- At vaccination sites in the community
- Through a mobile vaccination clinic that will tour each community
What you need to know
- Vaccination is a personal choice that everyone should make only after getting the right information.
- Youth aged 12-13 require parent/legal guardian consent to get the Pfizer vaccine.
- Youth 14-17 can decide on their own.
- An information handout for parents/legal guardians is available on this page.
- Scroll down to External Links to "Q&A Youth Vaccination" to download the handout.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Getting vaccinated provides a thick layer of protection against COVID-19 and variants of concern.
- When you’re vaccinated, you have less chance of getting sick and or spreading the virus to people around you.
- Vaccination helps protect family members and your community.
- Visit the Cree Health Board's COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ site to learn more.
Youth Vaccination in your community