Elections for Chair of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay will be held on Wednesday, September 26, 2012.
The candidates are Roderick Pachano and Bella M. Petawabano. They are running for a 4 year term.
Eligible to vote in the elections:
a) Cree beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement.
b) 18 years of age on September 26, 2012.
c) Not affected by any legal incapacity.
There were some last minute changes to polling locations. The complete list of polling locations is below.
Election results will be available Wednesday evening on the website: http://www.soleica.ca/chbelections2012/
For information contact the Chief Returning Officer, Mr. Lawrence Jimiken, (819) 865-7094.
Communities, local Returning Officers, and polling locations as of September 25, 2012.
- Whapmagoostui - Christa Bobbish 819-929-3384 Youth Centre
- Chisasibi - George N. Bobbish 819-855-6495 Commercial Centre
- Wemindji - Martha Atsynia 819-978-3635 Band office
- Eastmain - Shannon Moses Mayappo 819-977-0211 Band office
- Waskaganish - Daryl Salt 514-214-8242 Gathering Pace
- Nemaska - Jim Blackned 819-673-2512 Band office
- Mistissini - Tina Matoush 418-770-8401 Band office
- Ouje-Bougoumou - Lisa St-Pierre 514-702-3804 Band Office
- Waswanipi - John Jolly 819-753-2587 (231) Youth Centre
- Washaw-Sibi - Suzie Mowat Rupert 819-732-9409 Band office
- Chibougamau - Cynthia Morrison 418-748-7667 Native Aid Centre
- Senneterre - Rebecca Moore 819-737-2324 Native Aid Centre
- Val d'Or - Tyrone Grant (819) 860-2369 Native Friendship Centre, 1272, 7e Rue
- Rouyn-Noranda - Shawna Jacko 819-797-6016 Niskamoon Office
- Montreal - Melanie Reid 514-861-5837 CRA/GCCEI office
- Ottawa - Marina Kataquapit 613-761-1655 CRA/GCCEI office