The Women's Shelter Working Group is looking for a visual identity and needs your help. We are seeking artists and inspired community members who can design a creative, innovative and professional logo.
The logo should be recognizable and help promote the Women Shelter program, specifically known as the Robin’s Nest Program and its mission "To deliver and provide healing methods based on Cree traditions and values, while respecting individual beliefs, for women and their children who are experiencing domestic violence (nanako akwiwaiisoon). We will offer options for reconciliation, rehabilitation and reintegration with the support, knowledge and wisdom of our communities.”
Deadline: July 31, 2016
Cash Prize: $500.00
Sponsored by CREE NATION YOUTH COUNCIL
- Mandatory colours: colours of the robin, i.e. brown, orange rust, grey, including black and white
- Must reflect the program name “Robin’s Nest Program”
- Design / symbolism to reflect Cree culture, language, unity, healing and wellness.
- Must be easily reproducible and scalable (able to be rendered as a vector image)
- Size: minimum 4 inches x 6 inches, maximum 8 inches x 10 inches
- Accepted formats: Printed on white paper no larger than 8.5x11 or emailed as JPG, PNG or high quality PDF sized to print on 8.5x11 paper
- Identify your art with full name and email address or phone number
- Do not send original artwork by postal mail. Submissions will not be returned
How to enter the contest
Send artwork by mail (high quality colour scan or copy only - do not send original artwork):
WOMEN'S SHELTER LOGO CONTEST
C/O DANY GAUTHIER
CBHSSJB - PIMUHTEHEU
203 MISTISSINI BOULEVARD
MISTISSINI, QC G0W 1C0
OR Send artwork by email (JPG, PNG or high quality PDF sized to print on 8.5x11 paper). Illustrator files must be accompanied by PDF.
- Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to CBHSSJB
- CBHSSJB may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of its organization
- CBHSSJB reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.