21 Maamuu Road, Chisasibi, QC J0M 1E0
Director of Hospital Services: Philippe Lubino
Chisasibi Hospital: (819) 855-2844
Emergency - direct line: (819) 855-9001
Coordinator on call (Med evac) (819) 855-7627
Medical emergency (819) 855-2911 (First Responders)
Chisasibi Fire Hall (819) 855-2444
Direct line: 819-855-9035
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Open for emergencies with doctor on call 24/7
Pharmacy opening hours (starting June 19, 2017):
- Monday to Thursday: 9 am to 8 pm
- Friday: 9 am to 5 pm
- Saturday : closed
- Sunday: 9 am to 5 pm
About Chisasibi Hospital
The mission of the Chisasibi Regional Hospital is to provide quality primary and secondary healthcare services to the population of Eeyou Istchee.
The medical team includes 7 doctors and 27 registered nurses. The hospital has 29 beds, of which 17 are for acute care (5 paediatric), 9 for chronic care, and 3 for respite care. The Hemodialysis Unit has 9 dialysis stations. There is a partial pre-dialysis program 2 days a week.
Chisasibi Regional Hospital has a modern laboratory, radiology department, archives, liaison department, physiotherapist and nutritionist services, and a dental clinic.
Specialist services are provided through a partnership with RUIS McGill. Through this partnership, specialists from McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), Jewish General, St. Mary’s, and Douglas Hospitals visit Chisasibi Regional Hospital and provide telemedicine services in obstetrics, surgery, paediatrics, orthopedics, internal medicine, ophthalmology, otolaryngology and psychiatry.
The Hospital manages a regional program of Infection Prevention and Control.
Services available at Chisasibi Hospital
- Dental department (walk-in clinic)
- Out-patient clinic (in hospital)
- Medecine Department (admissions and observations)
- Pharmacy (prescriptions and over the counter medicine)
- Hemodialysis Unit (outpatient hemodialysis treatments)
- Specialists visits: paediatrician, ophthalmologist, optometry, ENT
- Nutritionist (in hospital)
- Dental clinic
- Physiotherapy (rehab therapy)
- Wiichihiituwin (formerly Cree Patient Services) – (coordinating patients' medical visits in Val d’Or, Montreal, Amos)