Chronic diseases are long-term diseases that worsen over time. They have many different causes and can affect a person at any stage of their life, although they usually appear as people get older.
Chronic diseases usually start with mild symptoms that slowly get worse until they limit a person’s movement or cause disability. Most chronic diseases eventually cause death. Nearly 60 per cent of all deaths worldwide are the result of chronic disease conditions.
Common chronic disease conditions include:
- Cancer (link: Breast Cancer Screening)
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Heart disease
All people are at risk of getting a chronic disease, but there are ways to protect yourself. The best and easiest ways to help prevent chronic disease conditions are:
- Get active: physical activity strengthens the body and the immune system
- Eat well: a healthy diet including fruit and vegetables is an important part of disease prevention
- Quit smoking: smoking is a cause of many chronic disease conditions
- Reduce alcohol consumption: heavy drinking puts a person at higher risk for many chronic diseases
octobre 07 2019COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSEANNONCE DU NOUVEAU CENTRE DE SANTÉ RÉGIONAL EEYOU-EENOU À CHISASIBIChisasibi (7 octobre 2019) — Le Conseil Cri de la Santé et des... Lire la suite
septembre 06 2019Les 10 et 11 juin 2019, l’équipe des Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada (IRSC) chargée d’étudier les médecines autochtones... Lire la suite
avril 20 2018Le conseil Cri de la santé rend hommage à Ann Marie Awashish lors du lancement de l'application de santé East Cree MedicalRésumé:Le 20 avril 2018, le CCSSSJB lançat officiellement une application pour téléphone intelligent comprenant un glossaire de termes médicaux dans... Lire la suite
From The Libraryᒥᓯᓂᐦᐄᑭᓐᐦ
The number of Eeyouch/Eenouch with diabetes continues to increase at roughly the same rate as it has...