Job Posting Number: P-1920-0697
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Reporting to the head pharmacist, the pharmacist will primarily be responsible for providing pharmaceutical care to patients in Cree communities.
• Proceed with order entry and pharmacological analysis of each file;
• Produce pharmacological profiles, Medication Administration Records (MARs) and Dispills Profiles when required;
• Actively participate in the morning medical rounds from Monday to Friday;
• Monitor medication dosage and follow up with laboratory tests relevant to his or her duties;
• Compile data on patients in chronic care and provide support for monitoring their drug therapy;
• The technical tasks involved in preparing medications must be carried out by the clinical pharmacist in the absence of a trained pharmacy technician;
• Assist the pharmacy technician with orders, particularly when there are shortages, and with the control of narcotics, controlled drugs and targeted substances by verifying/completing the necessary forms;
• All other related tasks.
• University Bachelor's degree in pharmacy or Pharm. D degree;
• Graduate degree, Master's in hospital pharmacy is a major asset;
• Member in good standing of the Ordre des pharmaciens du Québec;
• Experience in the health and social services network is an asset;
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to adapt and work in a multidisciplinary team;
• Ability to meet the required deadlines.
• Fluent in English
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
• Includes on-call periods.
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
1055 René-Levesque East, 7th floor
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495 Email: email@example.com
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA