Job Posting Number: N-1920-0672
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
You will assume responsibility for a range of nursing care activities based on the bio-psycho-social needs of assigned users or groups of people. You will assesses users’ state of health, and determine and ensure the implementation of nursing care and treatment plans for users with complex health problems and/or various bio-psycho-social dimensions. You will provide nursing and medical care and treatment to maintain health, restore health and prevent disease.
You will design, apply and evaluate care programs requiring advanced knowledge, aimed at complex health problems and/or involving various bio-psycho-social dimensions. You will participate in the development or adaptation of clinical and quality of care assessment tools, coordinate teamwork, and play an advisory role with colleagues and the interdisciplinary team.
You will identify, for the users, the needs and interventions requiring a coordination of services within the institution and between different institutions or organizations in the community. You will coordinate these services, as needed.
You will provide orientation for new staff and assist with the training of interns. You will supervise the teaching of users, their relatives and groups of people in specific programs and will collaborate on research.
• Collaborate with the assistant head nurse in the dialysis departments at the MGH, RVH, and Lachine hospital, or with the person in that hierarchical position in the performance of their duties.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate the patient care under their responsibility and act as resource person for their colleagues in the planning, administration and assessment of care for patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) in the Cree communities.
• Work with the kidney care nurse consultant for the coastal and inland communities to standardize CKD care in all Cree communities.
• Prepare the patient lists, compile the relevant information, and coordinate appointments with the nephrologists and dialysis centres.
• Work with the Specialized Services team to plan the nephrologist’s visits to the communities.
• Coordinate the multidisciplinary care team with an emphasis on the patient and their family.
• Participate in the bidirectional coordination of CKD care and of dialysis patients when they are transferred to Montréal for an appointment or a hospital stay.
• Keep dialysis patient records up to date and identify patients who will need an assessment for a transplant. Work with the renal transplant nurse at the MUHC, the kidney care nurse consultant for the coastal and inland communities, and the dialysis AHNs in the communities.
• Ensure that pre-transplant tests and information related to the tests are up to date.
• Ensure that patients have access to the support services offered by the MUHC.
• Participate in the multidisciplinary meetings of the nephrology departments at the MGH, Lachine hospital, and RVH.
Education and experience:
• Member in good standing of the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ);
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing or bachelor’s degree comprised of three eligible certificates, at least two of which must be recognized nursing certificates;
• Certificate in nephrology care or willingness to take the exam is an asset;
• Minimum three years of relevant experience as a hemodialysis nurse;
• Experience at the MUHC is an asset.
Knowledge and abilities:
• Knowledge of how the CCSSSBJ operates, including Cree Patient Services, is an asset;
• Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to assume a leadership role, make decisions and give clear instructions;
• Autonomy, adaptability, discretion and empathy;
• Sense of duty, resourcefulness and attention to detail;
• Knowledge of the culture, language, social/health issues, and Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices advocated on the Cree territory is an asset.
• Fluency in English and French.
• Fluency in Cree is an asset.
• Willingness to travel occasionally to the James Bay territory.
• Willingness to travel to the dialysis centres at the MGH, RVH, and Lachine hospital.
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
1055 René-Levesque East, 7th floor
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495 Email: email@example.com
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA