May 25-29, 2015 is recognized as “Physical Activity week in Eeyou Istchee” and communities across the Cree nation are encouraged to take part in various activities organized throughout the region. Regional Public Health Department (CHBSSJB) encourages community members of Eenou Astchee to take up the challenge and do at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day.
Here is a list of fun activities you can do with your family and friends:
- Leave your car at home and walk to work
- Walk with your child to school.
- People that work, instead of taking a coffee break or a smoke break, and go for a walk around the block.
- Participate in activities that are organized in the community.
- Walk your dog around the community.
- Go on a hike with your family and enjoy the spring weather.
- Organize a family activity.
- Go biking with your family.
- Rollerblading with your friends.
- Pick up the garbage around the community.
- Rake or mow your lawn or even somebody else’s lawn.
- Entities & organizations encourage your staff to be physical active.
And do not forget to take pictures of your activity and forward them to your local community representatives. Show your support by participating and encouraging others to join in the fun of active living.
Set an example for others to see that physical activity is an important part of our daily lives. Let this be a start for you and your family to continue on the path of healthy living.
Let's all work together to make a healthy nation for our children!