Job Posting Number: ######
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Person who assumes the responsibility for a comprehensive set of nursing care in relation to the biological, psychological and social aspects of the beneficiaries or groups of people, to which she/he is entrusted. She/he evaluates the state of the beneficiaries’ health, and determines and ensures the implementation of a health care plan and nursing treatments for beneficiaries presenting complex health problems and/or problems involving various biological, psychological and social aspects. She/he produces nursing and medical care and treatment, with the goal of maintaining and re establishing peoples’ health and preventing disease.
In collaboration with the Wiichihiituwin department (Cree Patient Services), the liaison nurse is responsible to coordinate, organize and prepare the visits of the clientele coming to Montreal for specialized medical visits/treatments. She/he is responsible to review the medical consultations and/or reports of the beneficiaries entrusted to her/him temporarily. She/he will act as a link between the beneficiary, the hospital and the communities. She/he will gather and forward the pertinent information to the appropriate professionals in the Cree communities. The liaison nurse may also be required to travel with the Air Charter as acting flight nurse.
• DEC in nursing;
• Member of the Order of Quebec Nurses (OIIQ);
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a nurse;
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Cree culture and language, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
• Interpersonal relationship and leadership skills;
• Dynamism and self-confidence;
• Capacity to be autonomous, flexible, discrete, empathetic and to take initiatives;
• Capacity to work under pressure;
• Sense of observation and self-control;
• Critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills,
• Fluent in English and in French;
• Fluency in Cree is an asset;
• Selected candidates must successfully complete the following training: Administration of epinephrine for severe allergic reactions of the anaphylactic type (4 hours).
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
1055 René-Levesque East, 7th floor
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA