Job Posting Number: 0000
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Waskaganish - 1 position1 in total
SUMMARY OF THE JOB TITLE
Person at an outpost or dispensary in a locality covered by the provisions on regional disparities, who, in addition to his regular duties as a nurse, does patient assessments that allow a doctor to make a diagnosis at a distance and determine the appropriate interventions. Also is required to carry out actions and interventions that are generally reserved to doctors in other work environments.
Types of positions
Awash (1) - Position # 0312
Specific functions for Awash
Awash services support pregnant mothers, young children and their families. This includes providing preventive services such as pre & postnatal care, well-baby checkups, immunization & breastfeeding support, but also long-term follow up and support services for families with children with special needs or psychosocial difficulties. The Awash nurse works in a multidisciplinary approach.
• Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q
• Three (3) years of experience as a nurse including:
• One (1) year of experience in critical care or
• Two (2) years of experience at the CBHSSJB
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset
• Include on-call periods for the current services (Except Chisasibi positions);
• Include extended role functions (Except Chisasibi positions in: Chishaayiyuu, Awash and Uschiniichisuu/School);
• A skill-based test may be required.